We all have heard of a healthy diet and why should you consider it. But do you know which food items, fruits and vegetables are going to make that happen? If you already have an idea about them that is great and if you don’t, never mind it’s not too late. Here we have compiled a list of food items that are best suited for your diet plan for weight loss.
Not to forget, trying to lose weight and not putting any more is not going to be an easy task. But we know that you can do it, all you need is the right set of instructions. Though majorly it is going to be revolving around the fibre, protein and healthy carbs to improve your metabolism, you should know the speciality of each item that you are consuming.
Here are some menu items available and how you can consume them. All of them are proven for a quick weight loss diet plan and a couple of them can be prepared under 30 minutes. If you want to challenge this, try preparing these and let us know.
1. Green Tea SmoothieWell yeah, heard of green tea, but what is a green tea smoothie?
A drink with the right nutrients which are beneficial for burning fats of the body is the simplest way to describe a cup of green tea. Its benefits are used in improving the metabolism of your body which is done due to the presence of the compound EGCG in green tea. You can take up to 3 cups of green tea a day for two months to start noticing a visible difference.
But, the taste is just horrible, isn’t it? That is the reason you’ve got to have this green tea smoothie. You can try to flavour it with lemon, spices and agave nectar and it is going to taste better and even work better.
2. Honey, Grapefruit And Banana SaladThe ingredients are pretty common ones and making a salad out of this, isn’t tough either. Or is it?
How about we find out with the recipe mentioned below.
Well, you need to buy them fresh from a store and then wash them properly before consuming. For the salad, cut the banana with one or two grapefruits and serve them on a plate in a pattern that you like. No, add some honey over it. Voila! You are done.
Wasn’t that really simple? Let’s find out why you should do this more often. There is no shortage when it comes to bananas and their benefits for human consumption. They are rich in potassium, are a great source of instant energy and has just the right amount of sweetness.
Now coming to grapefruit, it is also one of a kind especially when it comes to weight loss. The consumption of this fruit has a favourable effect on insulin which is said to be a fat-storing hormone.
Adding more, grapefruits are good at filling your belly. It is also rich in water content, so the richness of 90% juices helps in preventing overeating and keeps your water levels up too.
3. AvocadosFor those who have eaten this fruit before and for the ones who just heard of it, it’s time you get to know about it now. There are several nutrients present in avocado that help in losing weight. The major ones include fatty acids, potassium, dietary fibre and phytochemicals.
Studies have proven that the people who eat avocados regularly have shown lower BMI than the ones who don’t.
Though they are high in calories when compared to other fruits, they are highly rich in fibre and healthy fat which curbs your hunger for long and is therefore helpful in controlling appetite. You can have it in your salad, sandwich or eat it raw if you like it that way. Just for your information, healthy fats belong to the category of unsaturated fats and they are easily digested by the human body.
4. BeansBelieve it or not but beans are way too underestimated than they should be. Truth to be told, they are high in fibre which makes them a must on your food plan when trying to lose weight. The high amount of fibre helps in keeping you full for longer and hence controlling your appetite.
But this is not the only benefit that comes with eating beans. They are also helpful in controlling blood pressure, reducing LDL cholesterol and even preventing cardiovascular diseases. On top of it, they are low in calories and rich in protein too. This could be the reason that they are given importance when preparing burgers, salads and soups.
5. YoghurtThough it might carry an image that it is not helpful in weight loss but that is not so. In fact, yoghurt is packed with protein and probiotics which are extremely good for the health of your guts. A healthy gut plays an important role in weight loss plans. A healthy gut has been effective when trying to lose weight and also maintain good metabolism.
If you are looking for a good amount of protein then Greek yoghurt might be the right food for you. Just be careful with the amount of sugar-packed with your yoghurt. If that seems high then feel free to opt for sugar-free yoghurt and consume it regularly with your meal.
6. AlmondsAlmonds are already a must in your daily plan since your childhood. But have you really been eating them enough since then?? Well if yes, that’s great and you are about to find out additional benefits of having almonds. Otherwise, you’ll reasons why they are good for weight loss.
The richness in fibre and protein tops the list of almond’s nutrients. Wondering how can 4-5 almonds a day make a difference?
That is because one or two ounces of fibre and protein a day can help you stay full for longer and control your hunger. They are also rich in vitamin E and even are a good source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
You can eat them as a whole or as toppings on your other foods. Consumption is the main idea here.