Apricots are summer fruit that is a rich source of fiber, these are tiny orange in color, but are juicy and very nutritious. Dried apricots are available throughout the year and have a tangy flavor. Those too are a rich source of minerals and vitamins. The
Apricots can be savored in various ways, some of them are mentioned below.
1. Apricot Cookies
Cookies are loved by all and what is better than mixing nutrition and taste. Apricot cookies are quite easy to prepare they require a minimum of 25 minutes for preparation-
- 3/4th cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener
- 1/4th teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4th teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried Apricot & Cashew
- 2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- Mix the entire ingredients mentioned above in a bowl till it becomes soft.
- Shift it to piping cutting into the size of your own choice for making cookies.
- Pipe out onto a baking tray in shape you like.
- Put the tray in 160 degrees preheated oven for 20 25 minutes until golden cookies.
- Now you could take it out and allow it to cool for 2-3 hours. Your Apricot cookies are ready for snacking.
2. Apricot Jam
So have you ever tasted apricot jams, let’s make one at home.
- 4 ¼ cups dried apricots
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 package powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Soak the apricots roughly 30 minutes in boiling water. Mix it in a food processor with vanilla essence added to it.
- Cook the mixture in low flame, adding pectin to the fruit until it boils. Add the sugar and lemon juice now and stir for a while. Cook them for about 7-8 minutes.
- If not cook it for another 5 minutes, the jam should be stickier and thicker by now.
- The Apricot jam is finished, let it cool for a while and pour it into the jars afterward.
3. Apricot Bread
Eating plain or sweet bread each day gets monotonous, how about trying Apricot bread made at home from scratch.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- Until starting the process, preheat the oven for 160 degrees celsius.
- Place the apricots in the boiling water and keep them aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl until it is completely mixed.
- Mix butter, egg and corn syrup in a separate bowl, and add apricots to it with water and walnuts. Mix this mixture until there are no lumps to it.
- Now mix ingredients both dry and wet, and mix well.
- Pour it into a baking tray that has been greased thoroughly with butter or has a parchment paper in it and heats it for the next 70-80 minutes.
- After its done cool the bread for 10 minutes.
- Take it out from the tray carefully and peel off the paper, your Apricot bread is ready to be served.
4. Apricot Pancakes
Get ready for a tangy nutritious breakfast.
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup soya milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped orange
- 1/2 cup chopped apricot and walnut
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Prepare the orange sauce by heating the marmalade, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of water till the entire mixture gets dissolved and keep it aside.
- Add the flour, soy milk, sugar, and salt in a bowl to create a smooth batter. Pour the mixture into a pan and use a ladle to make a whole circle. Do not heat the pancake too much. When cooking, add oil on both sides.
- Make as many pancakes of the remaining batter.
- Prepare a stuffing of walnut, apricot, and orange in a different bowl.
- Now place a pancake in a plate and garnish it with the stuffing, add the orange juice from the top. Put one more pancake on top and repeat. The orange juice helps to maintain the stuffing intact. Your dish is ready for a meal now.
5. Apricot Smoothie
The best way to start a day is with a blend of a perfectly healthy smoothie.
- 1 cup chopped apricots
- 4 small apples chopped
- 4 peaches chopped
- 4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 2 cups soya milk
- 4 tablespoon natural sweetener
- For this method use overnight soaked apricots.
- Put all of the listed material in a mixer and blend until it gets smooth. You can add ice to it anyway.
- Pour it into glasses, and your drink is ready.
Apricots contain essential nutrients that are required by the body and now you can have a taste of this dried fruit even during the off-season from the Dry Fruit Zone. Take a minimal amount of this dried fruit as they even contain calories that should not be consumed too much. For any allergic reaction, check with your doctor before adding it to your diet. Enjoy the taste of premium quality Dry Fruit Zone’s products. Shop for more!