1. Stop running behind perfectionismThere are many overachievers who develop perfectionism at a very young age when demands on their time are totally limited to school, hobbies and sometimes part time job. Well there is no doubt in the fact that it is easier to maintain that perfectionist habit as a kid. At the time you grow your life gets more complicated. The more you get to the ladder at work and the more your family grows, your responsibilities also increases. Perfectionism is something that becomes out of reach. If you want to avoid burning out then the key is to let go of perfectionism. When life expands it is very hard, to keep that habit of perfection going, both neurologically and psychologically.
2. UnplugTechnology has helped our lives in many ways to keep that habit of perfection going. But it has also created expectations. And these expectations are acting as a burden of constant accessibility. It seems that the work day never comes to an end. It’s said that using phones during your free time for official work makes thing hectic. So, keep your phones aside while you are with your family. Learn to make quality time true quality time.
3. Exercise and meditateIf we’re busy then too we make time for the crucial things in our life. We eat, go to the bathroom and sleep. Among them there is another crucial need “exercise”. It is usually the first thing to go when our calendars fill up. It is an effective way to reduce your stress. It makes us feel good. It helps to lift your mood. You can add to this by putting yourself to meditative state. One should give few time each day for self care, may it be yoga, exercise or meditation. Start small with deep breathing exercises during your commute. Even a quick five minute meditation session every morning and night can work wonders. So, to the dear drinkers, replace drinking alcohol with a healthier form of way to reduce stress. These exercises require minor effort. On the other side the result is great. Our autonomic nervous system includes two branches: the sympathetic nervous system which is our body’s stress response and the parasympathetic nervous system which is our body’s rest and digest response. What matters is to find something that you can form in your life and that will activate your parasympathetic nervous system. Meditative exercises like deep breathing in your present surroundings helps you great way to reduce all your burdens. The more you do these, the more you activate your parasympathetic nervous system.
4. Limit time-wasting activities and peopleThe first step you need to take is to identify what is most important in your life. It is certain the list will be different for different people. You have to make sure one thing that it truly reflects your priorities, not someone else’s. The next step is to draw firm boundaries. This is so that you can give your quality time to these high-priority people and activities. After this it will be easier to find out what needs to be out from the schedule. If email or internet surfing seems to be time-wasting, establish good rules to keep you on task. Now by this I mean to turn off email notifications and reply in batches and that too for limited time each day. If you’re freely surfing Facebook or other entertainment blogs when you should do your work instead, try using productivity software like Freedom or Leech Block. Sometimes you may even feel your time is being gobbled up by less constructive people, find ways to limit these interactions. Start your mornings with good yoga and exercise. Chill out with your friends before having another day at office. Go and get a good night sleep. Remember to focus on the people and activities that you feel are most rewarding. This is a common thing that to some people this may seem selfish. But actually it is not. When it comes to being a good friend, partner, parent or worker, “the better you are yourself, the better you are going to all others.”
5. Change the structure of your lifeSometimes we fall into a definite routine and think that our habits never mend to change. So, you have to find out “ What can make your life easier”? Instead of trying to do everything try to focus on the activities you specialize in. Try to spare time for those activities that value you the most. Try to find out what you can do to benefit other people by giving them different opportunities to grow. Doing this will give them a chance to learn something new and free. It helps to free you up so you may devote attention to your higher priorities.
6. Consider long-term time commitmentsFinding a work-life balance sometimes means more than just balancing family time with work. For this you have to consider some of the following questions: Do you want to be a part of communities? Does your job give you enough time? What are your hobbies? Does your current job allow you to do this Are there other time commitments in your work life? If you choose to live away from work, you’ll need to spend much more time every day commuting in between. In addition to this there are the costs of maintaining a car. So, do consider finding a place to live that is closer to work.
7. Get organisedUse to-do lists both at work and at home. It can be difficult to complete all the tasks you need to finish and that too in a period of time. Create lists in order of importance and do the most difficult task early so that you’ll have easier tasks throughout the day.
8. Keep a work diaryAt the end of each day at work, write down what you need to do the next day. Do not miss to write down the thoughts you have about accomplishing these goals efficiently. In the end in this way you can resume your work easily and efficiently the next day. You’ll also feel better about completing the tasks on time.
9. Draw a line between professional and personal lifeThis is a very important rule that we need to make or break. Sometimes, your boss may hinder your ability. This is done to strictly demarcate work time and home time. You can even face deadlines that force you to work at home. But it is in your hand to draw a line between your professional and personal life. Take all necessary actions to do so.
10. Don’t go home and immediately start workingOne major thing to remember is that you should never go home and immediately start to work. Give yourself a rest and ask your people how significant the day was. If you are single enjoy with your parents and siblings and if you have children, sit down with them, play with them, and help them with their homework. After you are done with your household chores, go back at work.
228 total views, 1 views today