There are several beauties of Bollywood and television industry, who are not only a part of them but were awarded or were a part of the beauty pageants too. They represented their respective states and even India at world level. Their beauty has no limits. Lets have a look on some of them:
1. Zeenat AmanThe first on our list is the sex siren of her time, Zeenat Aman. Zeenat was crowned the Miss Asia Pacific in 1970. This beauty sizzled the industry. This screen-sizzler did many bold and hatke roles in films like Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Hare Rama Hare Krishna and Don. She is one of the finest actress of her time.
2. Sangeeta BijlaniSangeeta Bijlani became Miss India in 1980. She has been a model and an actress. There were rumours of Sangeeta dating the finest actor then and today Mr. Salman Khan. Sangeeta married India cricket captain, Mohammad Azharuddin, in 1996. But unfortunately, their marriage did not last long and the duo separated in 2010.
3. Meenakshi SeshadriThe next on our list is Meenakshi Seshadri. This beauty won the Miss India crown in 1981. She is known for her fine role in a number of Bollywood movies like Hero, Damini, Ghatak and Ghayal.
4. Juhi ChawlaJuhi Chawla forayed into films with Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. But before this Juhi had bagged the Miss India 1984 crown. She is a quiet bubbly actress. She always who went on to rule the roost during the 90s. She is known for her chirpy and intense characters today.
5. Namrata ShirodkarShe won the Miss India pageant in 1993. Later, she plunged into Hindi films with Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai in 1998. Namrata was active in Bollywood only for a few years. She got married to the Tollywood actor, Mahesh Babu. The couple have a son and a daughter.
6. Pooja BatraPooja Batra though Crowned Femina Miss India International in 1993, couldn’t really impress the audience much. She has been a part of films like Virasat and Haseena Maan Jayegi. But unfortunately, her luck didn’t supported her and neither the audience.
7. Aishwarya Rai BachchanMrs. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan won the Miss World 1994 pageant. Aishwarya debuted in films and the industry was stormed. All the thanks goes to the diva’s sensational looks. Her film career has always boasted impressive roles and screen portrayals. She was linked to many stars during her career. The story of her and Salman Khan is quite famous. The actress, after a five-year hiatus, returns to the big screen with Sanjay Gupta’s Jazbaa.
8. Sushmita SenSushmita stayed ahead of Aishwarya. This was done by taking home the first ever Miss Universe crown, in 1994. Sush truly made everyone proud with her big feat. She has been able to make a huge impact on us with her filmography. But on the other hand she still inspires us in ways more than one. She is a great social worker too.
9. Gul PanagGul won the Miss India title in 1999. The cute and vibrant girl has acted in a bunch of Bollywood films. Despite this success never came her way. She joined politics as the Aam Aadmi Party candidate. She stood from Chandigarh in the 2014 general elections.
10. Yukta MookheyNext one on our list is Yukta Mookhey. Yukta became Miss World in 1999. She is only remembered for her role in the 2002 flick, Pyaasa.
11. Priyanka ChopraPriyanka was crowned the Miss World 2000. This was before she made her way into films. Just after she began her journey in Bollywood, she started showing signs of a superstar in the making. And what’s next is history. Today, we know her as a multi-talented artist. She can act like a pro, sing like a rockstar and is a style icon. In short she is inspiring us hugely.
12. Lara DuttaLara Dutta was Miss Intercontinental 1997 and Miss Universe 2000. She entered films in 2003. She is married to tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi. She is mother to a girl child. Lara has featured in a number of movies. Her acting in different roles is worth appreciating.
13. Diana HaydenDiana Hayden was crowned Miss World 1997. She couldn’t enjoy a flourishing career in Bollywood. She left the industry after doing a couple of films.
14. Dia MirzaMiss Asia Pacific International 2000, yes we are talking about none other than Dia Mirza. She has always been more of a flawless beauty than an awesome actress. And then came the time when she realized that acting wasn’t really her cup of tea. Soon after this she plunged into film production along with her husband, Sahil Sangha.
15. Celina JaitleyShe won the Miss India 2001 title before debuting in Bollywood. She debuted in Bollywood with Janasheen in 2003. Her career graph fell short of boasting of a successful journey. She is blessed with twins and expecting twins yet again.
16. Neha DhupiaShe is a true bombshell. The beauty we know today was the winner of the Femina Miss India contest in 2002. Yes that’s true that she could never really become the A-list Bollywood actress. But, Neha has definitely amazed us with some of her bold screen avatars.
17. Tanushree DuttaTanushree Dutta was crowned Miss India Universe in 2004. Madam Dutta has worked in just a handful of films. She failed to strike a chord as a potential actress. Tanushree married an Indian actor, Vineet Raina. They tied knot in 2009. But, unfortunately the marriage couldn’t last long. The duo divorced in 2012.
18. Jacqueline FernandezJacqueline is dream of almost all men. Her beauty is mesmerizing. But, another fact about her is that she is Miss Sri Lanka Universe 2006. She debuted in Bollywood three years later with Aladin. But the film tanked at the box office. Jackie’s initial failures didn’t dishearten the lovely babe. Might be that’s the reason why we are truly kick-ed with her presence in the Bollywood industry today.
19. Sarah-Jane DiasSarah won the Miss India 2007 title. She has been a part of few Bollywood films but she is yet to make a mark here.
20. Pooja ChopraPooja got the Miss India 2009 crown. She debuted in Hindi films with Commando. Her film came in 2013. She is yet to make a mark to be remembered. She is an actress of great potential.
21. Nicole FariaNicole was Miss India Earth 2010. Nicole opened her Bollywood account with Yaariyan. Her film came in 2014.
22. Pooja SharmaPooja Sharma is a Delhi born model. This model turned actor was one of the Top 10 finalists of Femina Miss India 2006. She was essayed the role of Draupadi in the television show Mahabharat. Another thing here is that the former beauty queen also did an episode of Teri Meri Love Stories with Karan Kundra.
23. Mihika VermaYes we are talking about none other than your favourite Mihika from the hit Star Plus show, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. She was once a beauty queen. She represented India at Miss International 2004. She did make for a very beautiful representation.
24. Gauahar KhanGauahar Khan is a big name of reality shows and Bollywood. Before this Gauhar Khan participated in Femina Miss India. She was, in fact, one of the finalists. Starting from her Femina days to her Showbiz career, she has come a long way. She is former beauty queen who made it big!
25. Gauri PradhanNot many of you are know to the fact that Gauri Pradhan participated in Femina Miss India in the year 1998. She is another diva turned television bahu! Afterwards she went on to marry television heartthrob and co-star Hiten Tejwani. Hiten worked with her in the hit show. The show’s name was Kutumb.
26. Asmita SoodShe became an instant rage among youngsters. This was with her television show, Phir Bhi Na Maane… Badtameez Dil. Despite this the show went off-air sooner than was expected,her popularity remains untouched. Asmita also participated in Femina Miss India 2011. She was one of the finalists.
27. Aishwarya SakhujaWe cannot forget the cheerful bahu ‘Toasty’ of Sony show ‘Saas Bina Sasural’. This much loved television diva was Miss India finalist. This was in the year 2006.
1965total visits,4visits today