Salaries across nations vary greatly. However, there are few jobs that are high paying across all nations. We bring to you, highest paying jobs which fill your pocket regardless of which country you are in! Following are our top 10 highest paying job around the world in 2018.
The job of a surgeon requires high skill and education. It takes several years to become a surgeon but the work is very satisfying and rewarding. Even though the earnings depend on the type of surgery performed, it is one of the highest paying jobs that can make you a millionaire. To make an informed decision if this profession is for you or not, check out the benefits and challenges of being a surgeon
- Income – Surgeons earn a hefty amount of money, above average in almost all countries around the world
- Personal Satisfaction – The opportunity to cure individuals from diseases is what provides, surgeons with immense satisfaction and love for what they do.
- Stress Levels – Being a surgeon comes with great responsibility. When you have the responsibility of saving someone’s life, you are on call round the clock.
- Lawsuits – Medical malpractice suits are very common and can harm the reputation of the surgeon very badly. Thus, a surgeon needs to be very careful of the legal implications of their work.
- Training and Education – To become a surgeon, many years of education, training and dedication are required. Even after completing your specialization, a surgeon needs to be on top of the latest updates of the industry. Such long periods of training and education come with the high level of education costs.
- Salary Awarded – According to “Forbes” the average salary of specialized surgeon in United States is $265,000.
2. General Physician
This is one of the most lucrative jobs (also highest paying jobs of course) as everyone needs a physician regardless of the age of the person. The GP is the medical world’s jack of all trades. To be a successful General physician, a broad knowledge of medicine is required. Physicians who specialize make significantly more money. This job of a General Physician tends to be demanding at times but is very lucrative and highly respectable. To become a GP, medical degree and training are required. Skills that are required to become a GP include good communication, ability to handle pressure well, problem-solving abilities, people skills and practical skills. Some merits and demerits of the job include:
- Job timings – Job timings tend to be flexible and opportunities for part-time work are available.
- Career Progression Opportunities – Prospects through research and teaching provide good chances of career progression.
- Job related stress
- Odd timings for emergency cases
According to “indeed” the average salary of general surgeon in United States is $265,000.
3. Senior level Corporate Managers
Salaries of senior-level corporate managers differ by type of business but are generally very rewarding. Even though the glass ceiling still exists, an increasing number of women have taken up these positions in the corporate world. Specific educational requirements for a senior level role vary from one industry to another, and are different for small and large companies but generally high level of qualification along with immense dedication and drive are pre-requisites to fill such a position. Senior level corporate managers generally have relevant experience, knowledge of the industry, right connections and high level of education. The advantages and disadvantages of being a surgeon include-
- Stable and regular flow of Income
- Respect and Recognition – Senior level corporate managers have authority and respect from their employees.
- Less appetite for risk – Generally senior level corporate managers become risk averse in their job.
- Monotonous routine – The routine for a senior level corporate manager become repetitive and there is lack of flexibility.
According to “Glassdoor”, the national average salary for a Senior Manager is $106,082 in United States.
A Dentist can make a very high salary all over the world as people of all age groups visit the dentist for oral health problems. The main services performed by a Dentist include to diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures, provide preventive and corrective services. The salary for orthodontist is even higher. Orthodontists are dental specialists who solve problems related to askew teeth. They design a specialized orthodontic program to correct the smiles of people and maintain proper function jaws. The advantages and disadvantages of being a surgeon include-
- Too Much Competition – There is no dearth of dentists per locality, you you will need to build your own brand equity to stand out.
According to “indeed”, the average salary for a Dentist is $166,505 per year in the United States.
Anesthesiologist manage all types of pain ranging from surgery to chronic illness through drugs and monitor the vital signs of patients. They are responsible for administering general or regional anesthesia, which enables surgeons to complete procedures causing little pain to the patient. An anesthesiologist’s duties also include preoperative evaluation of the patient and management of postoperative pain. The advantages and disadvantages of being an Anesthesiologist include
- Professional respect
- Work-life balance
- Job security
- Very high competition
- High level of responsibility and stress
According to “Glassdoor”, the national average salary for an Anesthesiologist is $402,511 in United States.
6. Software Developer
- Opportunities to travel
- Stability in income
- Lack of work Life Balance
- Repetitive work routine
According to “indeed”, the average salary for a Software Engineer is $102,254 per year in the United States.Also check PayScale Data
7. Hedge Fund Manager
A hedge fund manager’s job typically involves finding investors and once they find the investors, the role is to make all crucial investment decisions with the fund’s pooled money. A hedge fund manager needs to study, analyze and keep track of financial markets. Searching for correct investment opportunities, networking with companies, analyzing stock market fluctuations are vital duties of the job. A hedge fund manager is generally very good at analyzing numbers as they need to find an investment strategy that will outperform other funds. A hedge fund manager needs to possess a highly quantitative degree in finance, mathematics or related subject. Advanced degree in finance is also helpful. Some merits and demerits of the job include:
- Lucrative Returns
- Good opportunities to travel
- Long working hours
- Job related stress
- Lack of Work life balance
The average salary for a Hedge Fund Manager is $100,866 per year.
10 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Work Life Balance
8. Financial Manager
Financial managers overlook the financial activities and transactions of a company. They deal with income statements, bank statements, Profit and loss, cash flow, budgeting, accounting, auditing and so on. Individuals with good numeric ability are usually fit for this kind of a position. Educational requirements for this job generally include bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics and many of them go on to pursue master’s degree in one of these fields for better career prospects. Due to the intensity of the job, decisions of financial managers have the ability to make a difference to the success of the business. Some merits and demerits of the job include
- Stable Income
- Long working hours
- Repetitive job duties
- Might seem boring after a while
According to “indeed”, the average salary for a Finance Manager is $91,062 per year in the United States.
9. Corporate Lawyer
Corporate lawyers serve a single client- the company in which they are employed. Typically clients include IT companies, MNC’s and banks, insurance companies, hospital, and manufacturing industries. To be a corporate lawyer, a juris doctorate degree is required. Lawyers receive their degree from a law school accredited by their respective country’s law association. They are usually required to undergo an internship before joining full time as a corporate lawyer. The main duties of a corporate lawyer include negotiating employee contracts, preparing government reports, drafting legal documents, reviewing business contracts and relationships with the third party. Some merits and demerits of the job include:
- Respectful job
- High Demand
- Very long working hours
- Requires cautiousness
According to “indeed”, the average salary for a Corporate Attorney is $143,545 per year in the United States.
10. Marketing Manager
A marketing manager has one of the most interesting roles in a company. From managing all promotions for the company in developing marketing strategies for coordinating media campaigns, marketing manager gets to do it all. The general qualifications required for becoming a marketing manager include a bachelors or master’s degree in marketing/management/business or a related field such as detail-oriented, budgeting, client relationships etc. Job duties include establishing marketing goals based on past performance and market prediction, tracking marketing data and sales data, developing cost-effective marketing plans, adjusting marketing strategies in response to the information collected. Some merits and demerits of the job include:
- Opportunity to use creativity
- Scope for growth
- Technical Jargon – Requires knowledge of new marketing tools and techniques
According to “Glassdoor”, the national average salary for a Marketing Manager is $80,673 in United States.
Anything that is worth having, doesn’t come easy. The above mentioned highest paying jobs are very lucrative but highly competitive. These highest paying jobs not only require the high level of skills and qualifications but also require confidence, knowledge, and competency to crack the interview process. If you are really passionate about the field and you have done your homework right, you should be able to get through the toughest interviews and land your dream job.
2048total visits,13visits today