1. Andhra PradeshGONGURA PACHADI is the most loved dish of Andhra Pradesh which is loved by all the residents there. It is an authentic Andhra pickle. It is made from sorrel leaves. It tastes delicious with a plate of hot steamed rice and onion.
2. Arunachal PradeshArunachal Pradesh’s most loved dish is SMOKED PORK IN SENGMORA XAAK. You will love this pork dish cooked with sengmora leaves and generally it is served with rice. I would like to advise you to be sure to try this out with some traditional Arunachali Apong (rice beer).
3. AssamComing to third one in our list. The third one is Assam. MASOR TENGA is the most popular dish of Assam. Masor Tenga is a mouth-watering sour fish curry. It is made from freshwater river fish and tomatoes, kaji menu (elongated lemon) or thekera (dried mangosteen). This dish is delicately spiced. It has an exotic taste and marvelous flavors.
4. BiharLITTI CHOKHA is loved by people of Bihar. Well, it was difficult for me to pronounce this one initially. Hehe! This is a lip-smacking, crunchy dish from Bihar. It consists of Litti (wheat balls stuffed with Pithi – roasted and spiced gram flour) and Chokha (char-grilled aubergines or mashed potatoes). Due to this, it is called Litti Chokha. It tastes delicious with pure desi ghee on the side.
20 Short heighted But Most Famous Actors around World
5. ChhattisgarhDEHRORI is the food item from Chhattisgarh . Dehrori is a delicious festive dessert from the state of Chhattisgarh. It is usually prepared on Diwali eve. Dehrori consists of fried rice dumplings. These dumplings are dipped in sugar syrup and garnished with nuts. My mouth is watering. Yummy yum!
6. GoaBEBINCA stands in the eighth position. Not only for its dominant seafood cuisine, Goa is also famous for this authentic and exquisite pudding dessert. Bebinca is made of 16 layers. It is served warm with cold ice cream. Try this out the next time you are in Goa. You will definitely love this out.
7. GujaratKHANDVI is the delicious dish of Gujarat. It is a delicious savoury snack. It is made from gram flour and yoghurt. Khandvi is tempered with sesame and mustard seeds. This amazing dish is flavoured with green chillies, sprinkled coconut and coriander.
8. HaryanaBAJRA KHICHDI comes from Haryana’s kitchen. This is a porridge (khichdi). It is made of coarsely crushed pearl millet. It is eaten with pure ghee or sesame oil. You can try it with side dishes like lassi, papad, pickles, gur or curd which will take this dish to a whole new level.
9. Himachal PradeshNow, I will take you to my kitchen that is the Himachali kitchen. Madra is a traditional Pahari gravy dish. It is made from an unique combination of chickpeas , yogurt, coconut, almonds and raisins. It has a wonderful aromatic flavour. It tastes delicious.
10. Jammu and KashmirKALAADI CHEESE is a traditional local hill cheese. It is indigenous to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Kalaadi is very dense. It is usually made from cow’s milk. I assure you that you cannot afford to miss this divine taste if you are in J&K streets.
11. JharkhandFrom Jharkhand comes the eleventh one of our list. RUGDA. Rugda is a variety of mushroom. It is indigenous to the forests of Jharkhand. It is very healthy. It tastes great with rice or poori. If you visit Jharkhand especially during the monsoon season, do give it a try.
12. KarnatakaPANDI CURRY is a rich, dark and spicy pork curry. It is generally served with a flat bread called ‘Akki roti’. It is an ethnic delicacy of the Coorgi cuisine. The taste of Pandi curry takes you to the hills of the Western Ghats.
13. KeralaIRACHI ISHTU is from Kitchen of Kerala. Irachi ishtu is an authentic dish. It is made with chicken, beef or lamb. This is a lip-smacking dish. It is served best with appam or plain bread. It is loved by people of Kerala.
14. Madhya PradeshBHUTTE KA KEES is a spicy grated sweet corn dish. It is from the land of magical chaats, Indore. Do try this out the next time you visit there. You will crave for it every other time.
15. MaharashtraTHALIPEETH is a multi-grain pancake. It is made from roasted chana dal, urad dal, wheat, sorghum, millet, rice. It is mildly spiced with coriander seeds, cumin seeds, onion, fresh coriander etc. It is nutritious and quite good for health. It has bursts of flavour. This Maharashtrian dish is best served best with buffalo milk cream.
16. ManipurKHAMAN ASINBA KANGSHOI is also called CHAMTHONG. Chamthong or Kangshoi is a soupy stew of seasonal vegetables. It is coarsely chopped with onions or spring onion, dried or fried fish pieces and water. It tastes delicious with rice. Do taste this exotic Manipuri dish if you are there.
17. MeghalayaJADOH WITH PORK is the best one from Meghalaya. Meghalaya is best known for ‘Jadoh’. It is red hill rice cooked with pork pieces. Jadoh is a khasi version of biryani. Next time you are in Meghalaya, do not miss this authentic and delicious Khasi dish. Share your views too.
18. MizoramSAWHCHIAR is an ethnic Mizoram delicacy. It is prepared by boiling meat and rice together. It is a kind of stew. Sawhchiar is made from pork, lamb or chicken. It is absolutely delicious and surely a must have.
19. NagalandNAGALAND PORK W/ DRY BAMBOO SHOOT Nagaland signature dish is dry bamboo shoots with pork. It is a dish that you will love to the very core, specifically, if you are a meat maniac. It is cooked with dry bamboo shoots, loads of chillies and herbs. This yummy dish from Nagaland tastes heavenly with boiled rice.
20. OdissaCHHENA PODA is an Oriya dessert l. It is made from baked ricotta cheese. It is a sort of ‘Indian cheesecake’. Poda is absolutely mind blowing. Check it out when you visit Odisha. You will definitely love this one.
21. PunjabMAKKI-ROTI AND SARSON-SAAG is much loved and talked about food of the Punjabi’s. This is a famous traditional Punjabi delicacy. ‘Makki Roti’ is a cornmeal Indian bread. It tastes fabulous with ‘Sarson saag’ which is mustard green and a glass of lassi. My personal experience says if you once have it, you will be in love with this one.
22. RajasthanMALAAI GHEWAR is a round shaped Rajasthani festive dessert. This delicious dessert is made from milk, flour and pure ghee. Well, you may find this dish in other parts of India too. But, the ones from Rajasthan are incomparable and divine.
23. SikkimPHAGSHAPA is one of the many delicious dishes of Sikkim. It is made of strips of dried pork-fat. These strips are stewed with radishes, turnips and dried chillies.
24. Tamil NaduKAMBU KOOZH is what you will love in summers. It is a cool, refreshing and healthy dish. You will find it in the streets of Tamil Nadu. It is a porridge. It is made from millet and stored in earthen pots.
25. TripuraAWAN BANGWI W/ WAHAN MOSDENG AND KHUNDRUPUI LEAF is what I suggest you from the Tamil kitchen. Awan Bangwi is an ethnic Tripuri cake. It is made from guria rice, onion, cashew-nuts, raisins, ghee, pork pieces and garnished with various herbs. Awan cake is wrapped in a special leaf. This leaf is called ‘Lairu’. If you ever happen to visit Tripura, do give this delicacy a try.
26. Uttar PradeshBAINGAN KI LONJE is yummy dish from UP. Baingan ki lonje is a mouth-watering dish. It consists of stuffed aubergines. It has a spicy and tangy filling. It gives out a fabulous taste and flavour.
27. UttarakhandBAL MITHAI is delicious dessert from Uttarakhand. It is a chocolaty coloured fudge. It is made by roasting evaporated milk cream with cane sugar. It is coated with white sugar balls. It is a delicacy of the state of Uttarakhand.
28. West BengalDAAB CHINGRI is from the West Bengal. It is a traditional Bengali preparation. It is mild and soupy mustard prawn curry. Daab is filled inside a green coconut. The divine aroma of the tender coconut water and kernel gets infused in the prawns. It gives it a fabulous flavour. Daab chingri tastes best with a plate of steaming boiled rice. Now go and have a crunch of taste of these delicious dishes.